To Our Patients,
The staff at WNY BloodCare are continually monitoring the changes and recommendations during this Corona Virus outbreak.
As things progress in our community, we are assessing the risks and are updating our changes in process.
What We Are Now Doing:
- We continue rigorous cleaning procedures to ensure a clean clinic.
- All staff are being monitored for temperature. If they report to work > 99 degrees, they are sent home until it resolves 24 hours.
- We are postponing the S.H.E. clinic for March 19th and rescheduling the Comprehensive Clinics scheduled for April 3rd and April 7th. Staff will be contacting all individuals who are scheduled to re-schedule until after April 20, 2020.
- We are postponing any non-urgent new patient appointments and follow ups until after April 20th.
- Our patients are being offered the ability to remote via “zoom” into our Center to meet with a provider. This is our initial steps with telehealth.
- We have ordered additional Factor VIII and Factor IX product as well as Hemlibra for our inventory.
- We ask all employees to cooperate in taking steps to reduce the transmission of infectious disease. This includes frequent hand washing with warm, soapy water; covering your mouth whenever you sneeze or cough; discarding used tissues in wastebaskets. We have alcohol-based hand sanitizers throughout the workplace and in common areas.
- Employees are asked to not report to work while they are ill and/or are experiencing the following symptoms: fever, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue. The CDC recommends that people with an infectious illness such as the flu remain at home until at least 24 hours after they are free of fever (100 degrees F) or signs of a fever without the use of fever-reducing medications.
- We have cancelled outside meetings and postponed on-site meetings with external partners.
- WNY BloodCare is following MASAC document #242
We remain deeply committed to our patients and families. If you have any questions or concerns, please call us (716) 896-2470.