Whether you are currently quarantined or still working, our lives are changing daily because of COVID-19. As we prepare for more changes and uncertain times, here are recent changes in Buffalo and New York State that may affect you:
- New York State has temporarily halted all evictions statewide. If you are currently unable to work and are concerned about paying your bills, this new law should ease some of your worries. At this time the state of New York does not want anyone displaced during a state of emergency.
- Buffalo has suspended water shut-offs at this time. Many taxes and utilities will not be accumulating late fees or interest.
- Any Buffalo Traffic Court matters currently scheduled for trial or conference will be automatically adjourned to a later date and no additional fees or penalties will be assessed for these automatic adjournments.
- To assist those with child care issues, The Childcare Resource Network is providing free help finding the right child care option for parents and families. Call 877-6666
- BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York, Independent Health Association and Univera Healthcare all issued new guidance for members that is posted on their websites regarding medical care for COVID-19. The companies will now pay for the diagnostic test for members that meet the CDC guidelines for testing, with no copay, deductible or other cost-sharing.
- Many school districts are offering 1-2 meals for children. Contact your local school district or go to their websites to see those qualifications and program details
There are more changes occurring every day and important to stay informed. If you live in Erie County you can join Buffalert to get up to date alerts and changes. Text “Join BUFFALERT” to 30890.
Please reach out to Western New York BloodCare with any questions or concerns during this time. We understand everyone’s concerns and worries during this troubling time and we are here to help!